Friday, October 9, 2009

First Week of Sabbatical

I wanted to give you an update on my first week of my Sabbatical.

I spent seventy-two hours (Thursday night to Sunday night) at Zionsville Presbyterian Church at the Great Banquet. There I shut myself from the outside world, ate some good food, and refocused on Christ and His love for me. If you haven't ever experienced a retreat like The Great Banquet, Emmaus Walk, or Discipleship Walks, let me encourage you to. They are great retreats to remind you how much God and other people love you.

Next, I went to our sacred campgrounds in Hartford City to a Prayer Summit. The Prayer Summit is a prayer retreat for pastors to get away and spend time with The Father. There were about thirty pastors that gathered to pray, praise and eat. What a marvelous time we had in the presence of God as He spoke to us and refreshed us in the Lord. Many pastors including myself laid burdens at the lap of the Father as he loved us and blessed us with his presence. What a refreshing time! This is going to be on my calender for next year.

Part of the Sabbatical is taking care of the body God has given me by eating healthy foods and resisting the bad ones. We are made up of body, soul and spirit. Today I am starting a twenty-one day Daniel Fast. I said goodbye to the fudge rounds I love so much! Daniel gave up the king's delicacies so that he would be healthier, stronger, and empowered by God. If you are interested in knowing about a Daniel fast click here for more details.

I look forward to coming back from this short sabbatical refreshed and rejuvenated. Blessings to Kirklin Assembly of God. Thanks to everyone who sent kind letters to me this past week. They touched me so much! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment