Thursday, October 1, 2009

God Spoke to Me









Yesterday I read Psalm 19:1-4. It says, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."




I was doing my morning ritual of letting the dogs out. I was enjoying the bright stars and thinking about Psalms 19 about how the heavens declare God's glory and how they speak to us. While looking into the heavens, a bright star shot across the morning night sky. I sat there wondering if that just happen. As I continued to watch there were several other stars that ran across the sky. It was like watching a fourth of July fireworks.




Psalm 19 says that God speaks to us through the skies. I believe that God was speaking to me. What was he saying? First of all, He was letting me know that He was smiling on me as I start my first day of my sabbatical. Secondly, He was letting me know that He loves me and knows me. Thirdly, He was letting me know that He is still active in our world. I woke the kids up so they could see this phenomena and share with them about how the heavens declare God's glory.




God speaks to us through the heavens. The next time you look up into the sky open up your ears God maybe speaking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment