Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Give it Up for the Gals


Have you ever got beaten by a girl? I was considered the third fastest in my class during my elementary years. Carter Hall would always come in first place and I would finish third. There was Sheila Johnston who would always beat me. She was so fast that she was a part of our 400 meter relay during the track season, which we would always win. I have the ribbons to prove it.
Rachel Alexandra was the first filly since 1924 to win the Preakness Stakes and to hold off a late charge of Kentucky Derby winner Mine that Bird. This victory sent off a frenzy of excitement for the sport of Thoroughbred horse racing. She not only ran with the boys but she beat everyone of them. We have to give it up to the ladies!
Although this is no Preakness Stakes, Heidi and Ra-jeana became the Horseshoe Champions at our annual Memorial Day Cookout. Mark Trietsch and myself had the bragging rights this past year and we held the belts (literally: we have these cheap plastic belts that are a mock to a WWF belt). I have to give it up to all the ladies that competed in the tournament. They not only competed against the boys but they beat everyone of them.

They took out the men teams like Rambo taking out his enemies one at a time. Nancy and Tammy upset Mark and I. Judy and Edna defeated Gary and Randall. And of course Heidi and Ra-jeana put the smack down on Dale and Jerry and defeated Des and Randy in the championship game. Congratulations to all the ladies, especially to Heidi and Ra-jeana for winning the Preakness.

I am putting a few more pictures of the horseshoe tournament for you to enjoy.



























































Have you ever got beaten by a girl?
What do you think of all these girls winning?
Are guys better atheletes than girls or did God have favor on girls that week :)?
I would love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Look how cute you look in your picture!! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete